Born into a military family in 1977, Bret has lived across the US and overseas. He studied computer engineering before settling on a scientific career in geology at Auburn University. He graduated in 1999 and worked as a geotechnical and environmental geologist for several years in Alabama and California.
After relocating to Atlanta in 2004, he decided to pursue a career in the law, to capitalize on his talent and enthusiasm for speaking and writing. Bret worked hard in law school—he had the highest grades in his legal writing classes and was invited to be a member of the Moot Court team—and graduated in December 2007, one full semester ahead of his peers, after just two and a half years.
Bret passed the February 2008 bar exam, was admitted to practice law in Georgia in May 2008, and went to work in-house for a large insurance company/broker-dealer, where he resolved disputes related to securities sales, life insurance, and technology-related matters. After three years in-house, Bret opened his own general practice law firm in May 2011.
Bret lives in Tucker with his wife Laura, who works as a paralegal for the Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta, and their two young daughters. They are active members of St. Andrews Presbyterian Church.
- Georgia, 2008
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2011
- Georgia Supreme Court, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Norther District of Georgia, 2011
- Georgia State University College of Law
Juris Doctor, 2008
- Auburn University
Bachelor of Science in Geology, 1999
- Professional Liability Section, State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Business Networking International
- Leadership Academy 2011, Young Lawyer’s Division, State Bar of Georgia